WHICH BROWSERS WORK WELL FOR THIS WEBSITE?
Here's a list of browsers we support and where to get them:
Windows: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome (latest versions) Mac: Safari, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox (latest versions)
WHY SHOULD I REGISTER?
In order to transact on this website, you need to have a registered profile. Your profile has a username and password which you will need to log on. If you do not have a username or password, you will need to create a profile.
- Can I buy essential baby and toddler products from Babies R Us Online during lockdown
- Yes! Babiesrus.co.za is trading during lockdown for essential products only. All essential products marked with the purple BABY ESSENTIALS symbol can be shipped during the lockdown period.
- Will any of the Babies R Us or Toys R Us stores be open during lock down?
- No, at this point we will only be trading our online store for essential products.
- Can I order non-essential items with my essential items?
- Only Essential items can be delivered during the lockdown period as stipulated by government. All non-essential items are currently unable to be purchased.
- Is there a link to all essential items that I can reference prior to me ordering online to ensure that the item I require Is deemed as an essential?
Yes. Please click on the following link for all essentials: https://www.babiesrus.co.za/baby-essential-items?___store=babiesrus alternatively look out for the purple BABY ESSENTIAL symbol for items deemed as essential during this period.
- Can I opt for a click and collect order, instead of delivery?
- No. Click and Collect will be disabled during this time whilst our stores remain closed
- Who can I contact if I have an issue or queries about or with my order?
- Please feel free to contact us on [email protected] or by phone on 087 234 8697 Mondays – Friday 8am-5pm. Alternatively we are available on any of our social media platforms for any queries during this lockdown period.
- How long will it take for my order to be delivered?
- We maintain our standard 4-7 day delivery lead time during lockdown but should delays exist you will be notified.
- What is your returns policy on orders received during lock down?
- Should you be unhappy with your purchase please contact [email protected] in order for us to arrange a return and/or refund.
- I placed an order of essentials before lock down , when will I receive them ?
- All orders placed before lockdown that we were unable to fulfil will be prioritized from 14 April to ensure that you are first in line to receive your order
- Will the staff handling my order practise safe hygiene measures to ensure my parcels are safe.
- Yes, all our staff are temperature checked on arrival to our facility, they are equipped with full face shields and practise persistent hand washing and hand sanitizing.
- Will the courier service practice contactless delivery?
- All drivers have received hand sanitizer with clear instructions to sanitize their hands before and after every delivery or collection. Our drivers have been instructed to avoid physical contact with customers, and to maintain a safe distance. Packages are to be placed on a surface indicated by the customer, the driver will then back away and allow the customer to pick up their package themselves. Customers are not required to sign receipt of a delivery or collection on any devices, instead they will be required to state their name and details to the driver, who will input required information on their behalf.
We are committed indefinitely to making sure we’re doing our part to keep you safe.
CAN I PLACE AN ORDER AS A GIFT FOR SOMEONE ELSE?
Yes, but please note that we do not gift wrap items which are ordered as gifts, unless expressly agreed to otherwise for a nominal fee at checkout. Due to the influx of orders placed during the Black Friday promotional period, this service will be unavailable unless expressly authorised otherwise. Please note that we reserve the right to suspend or terminate our gift-wrapping facility for any reason in our sole discretion without the incurrence of any liability.
WILL YOU HAVE STOCK OF THE ITEMS THAT I HAVE ORDERED?
We do our best to make sure that we have stock on hand of everything offered in our online shop. We update the website daily and monitor stock of products closely. However, despite our best efforts, sometimes we may not be able to deliver certain items you have ordered. In this case, we will contact you and do our best to source the product for you, offer you an alternative product, or process a refund.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT PRICE I WILL PAY?
The individual price of each item purchased online is calculated with any promotional discounts applied when you check out. The price you see online is the price that you will be charged when your order is fulfilled.
CAN I ORDER BY PHONE OR EMAIL?
No, however should you require assistance with placing your order online, please reach out to our Customer Service Team on:
Telephone: 087 234 8697 (International callers, please dial +27 87 234 8697)
Email: [email protected]
CAN I ORDER ONLINE IF I DO NOT LIVE IN SOUTH AFRICA?
International Customers can purchase online for delivery in South Africa only.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY ORDER HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY PLACED OR NOT?
When your order has been successfully received by our system, you'll see a confirmation page. A confirmation email will also be sent to the email address you specified, giving the details of your order. This confirmation indicates that your order has been received. If you can’t find this confirmation email, check your spam or junk mail folders. Feel free to contact us at any time if you have any queries about your order.
CAN I BUY A GIFT CARD ONLINE?
Yes. Shop e-vouchers now.
HOW DO I TRACK MY ORDER?
You can track the status of your order through the “My Account” section.
WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- Debit / Credit / Cheque Cards;
- Maestro and VISA Electron Debit Cards;
- Instant EFT;
IS ONLINE SHOPPING SAFE?
We take security very seriously, in our stores and especially online. Rest assured that we’ve taken every precaution, using the latest 3D Secure security technology to ensure your personal details are safe and secure with us.
ARE MY CREDIT CARD DETAILS SAFE?
Yes! We use the highest standard of encryption when passing payment information between your computer and our website. In addition, credit card details which are used for payment on our website are handled according to international best-practice standards with key data removed and encrypted. We do not record or retain any of the PIN or CVV numbers which are used for authentication of your card.
CAN I PAY IN A FOREIGN CURRENCY WITH MY CREDIT CARD?
Yes. Our payment processor will accept a non-South African credit card. You will automatically be billed in your credit card statement with the equivalent value in your currency.
DO YOU ACCEPT LAY-BY?
Lay-Byes are available in-store only. Please reach out to your nearest store for more information.
DO YOU ACCEPT DIRECT DEPOSITS?
Yes, we do. Simply select Instant EFT as a payment method during checkout.
DO YOU ACCEPT GIFT CARDS AS A METHOD OF PAYMENT FOR ONLINE PURCHASES?
Yes, Toys R Us and Babies R Us Gift Cards can be redeeemed online.
WHO DO I CONTACT SHOULD I HAVE ANY PAYMENT QUERIES OR SUSPECT FRAUDULENT TRANSACTIONS ON MY CARD?
For any payment/bank related queries, or should you suspect fraudulent transactions on your credit card, please contact us on (+27) 87 234 8697.
IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO CANCEL MY ORDER BEFORE DELIVERY?
Yes, your order will be dealt with according to our refund policy. Simply contact us on (+27) 87 234 8697 to arrange for your order to be refunded before dispatch.
CLICK AND COLLECT
HOW DOES CLICK & COLLECT WORK?
An overview of how we anticipate the Click & Collect process to work:
- While browsing our online store, simply select the product(s) you want to purchase from our online store.
- You add the product(s) to your shopping cart.
- Once prompted, select “Click & Collect” as your method of receiving your order.
- You will then be prompted by a drop-down list which will display the available stores with stock of the product(s).
- Once you have selected your desired store to collect the product(s), you may proceed to check out.
- The Order will be confirmed once payment is made.
- You will then receive an SMS and email from us advising that your Order is being “Picked & Packed”
- A further SMS and email will be sent to you stating that your Order is “Ready for Collection”.
WHEN DO I MAKE MY WAY TO MY SELECTED STORE TO COLLECT MY PURCHASE?
Only once you received the “Ready for collection “SMS and email, you can make your way to your selected store and collect your Order at the marked collection point in store, where you will also receive your receipt for the Order
CAN I COLLECT MY PURCHASE WITHIN 2 (TWO) HOURS FROM PLACING MY ORDER?
Whilst we endeavour to use all reasonable efforts to efficiently and effectively process your Orders for collection, we require the following conditions to be met to allow the Orders to be collected within 2 (two) hours from placement of your Order:
- Order(s) must be placed before 14h00 for same day collection from the selected store.
- Order(s) placed after 14h00 will be available for collection the next trading day at your selected store; however
- Order(s) placed after 14h00 the day before a public holiday, the Customer must call and confirm with the selected store, its trading hours for collection on the public holiday. Should the store not be opened for whatever reason, the Order(s) will be available for collection on the next trading day.
HOW WILL YOU COMMUNICATION WITH ME?
We will provide you with timeous feedback throughout the Order process. You will receive, among others, the following information:
- An email and an SMS notification confirming receipt of your Order with a unique order code.
- An email and an SMS when we start “Picking & Packing” your Order.
- An email and an SMS when your Order is “Ready for Collection”.
- An email and an SMS when your Order has been collected.
You may further track your order on your online profile.
WHAT IS THE COLLECTION PROCESS?
- Only once you receive a “Ready for Collection” SMS and email notification you may proceed to your selected store to collect your Order(s).
- Proceed as per the Click & Collect in-store signs to the collection point.
- Present the SMS and / or email Unique Order Code as well as your ID and / or driver’s license to the authorised representative of Babies R Us.
- If you have nominated on your Order(s) for a third party to collect your Order(s) on your behalf, the unique code SMS and / or email must be forwarded to them and they will be prompted to present their ID and / or driver’s license when prompted by the authorised representative of Babies R Us.
- Once your identity, or that of the third party is confirmed, you will receive your receipt and the Order(s) will be presented in a clear plastic bag for you and/or the third party to inspect and confirm the contents of your Order(s).
- Once satisfied and the Order(s) confirmed by you and/or the third party, the Order(s) will be repackaged in Babies R Us branded plastic bags, and you and/or the third party may also make use of our free gift wrapping kiosk.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE DELAYS?
- While we endeavour to ensure that all Order(s)are processed and available for collection at the earliest possible date and time, this may not always be possible due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- Our Customer Service Team will contact you at the earliest possible moment to advise you of any delay.
- You will then have the option to continue with the Order(s)or cancel the Order(s) for a full refund in line with Babies R Us’ refund policy.
- We will also provide you with alternative collection points that may be able to assist and expedite the Order(s) for you.
WHAT ARE THE EXCHANGES & RETURNS POLICY FOR CLICK AND COLLECT?
As with ordinary purchases, our normal returns process will have to be followed by Click & Collect customers:
- The return must take place within 60 (Sixty) days of purchase of the products.
- You must have an original till slip / receipt.
- The product must be assessed to determine if the item is a factory / manufacturing fault and not damaged through misuse or negligence.
- Once the product is assessed and proven to be a factory / manufacturing fault we may refund or exchange the product.
- Should the product be found to be non-functional due to misuse or negligence, a refund / exchange will not be given.
- Where the product being exchanged is not due to defect / manufacturing fault, the product(s) must be sealed in its original packaging, unused and not damaged (It must be in a re-sellable condition).
- Due to quality and healthy risks, the following items are not capable of exchange or refund:
- Used apparel.
- Scratched DVD’s or gaming disks.
- Maternity Wear (unless is not worn / sealed in its original condition).
- Breast pumps, bottles, teats and dummies (unless these are unopened and the seal is clearly intact – original condition).
- Food / formula – products that have been opened.
CAN I CANCEL MY CLICK AND COLLECT ORDER?
- You may cancel your Order(s) at any time prior to receipt of the Order(s).
- As payments are made via WiCode, only a gift card to the value of your purchase will be issued should you decide to cancel.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR ORDER BEFORE WE CANCEL AND REFUND YOU?
- Once you receive an SMS and / or email stating that your Order is “Ready for Collection”, your Order will be kept at the designated Click & Collect collection point for a period of 10 (ten) working days from the date of issue of the “Ready for Collection” SMS and / or email.
- Babies R Us reserves the right, unless authorised otherwise by its Customer Care services, to cancel any Order(s) not collected with a period of 10 (ten) working days from date of “Ready for Collection” SMS and / or email.
- Should Babies R Us elect to cancel the Order, the purchaser will be offered a gift card to the equivalent value of the purchase.
- Should you require to pick up the Order at a later point, you will have to provide our Customer Care services ([email protected]) with an email with the subject line “Delayed Order Collection – (Customer’s Unique Code)” so that our stores can make the necessary arrangements for collection and not cancel the order after 10 (ten) working days.
CAN I RETURN ONLINE PURCHASES?
Yes. We want you to be happy with your purchases. If for any reason you’re not happy, you may return items purchased online to any of our Babies R Us stores nationwide for a full refund, replacement, or exchange, provided that you have the original tax invoice and the items are returned in a saleable condition within 60 (Sixty) days of purchase.
The original tax invoice is the online dispatch note, which you would have received via email. Please note that items purchased on any of our sales are subject to a separate returns policy. Should you not have an invoice, we will be happy to exchange your purchase at the current system price.
Important: Please note that our delivery agents are not authorised to accept any goods for return.
HOW WILL I BE REFUNDED FOR ITEMS BOUGHT ONLINE?
Your refund will be given against the original payment card as specified on your proof of purchase (your online dispatch note serves as your proof of purchase). For example, if you paid online with a credit card, the Babies R Us store which handles your refund will process your refund to that credit card. In the event of a gift return, or no proof of payment being available, you will be refunded via a Babies R Us Gift Voucher. Please note that we cannot make cash refunds for items purchased online.
WHAT DELIVERY OPTIONS DO I HAVE?
We offer delivery at any specified address within South Africa. You can change your specified address for each delivery or set it to remain on your billing address.
WHAT ARE THE DELIVERY COSTS AND WHEN CAN I EXPECT DELIVERY?
Delivery costs R65.00 per order, and you can expect delivery within 4-7 working days.
DO YOU DELIVER OUTSIDE OF SOUTH AFRICA?
No, we can only deliver goods within the borders of South Africa.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I AM NOT AVAILABLE WHEN DELIVERY IS MADE?
We will try to arrange for an alternative delivery option with you, but we reserve the right to charge you an additional delivery fee if we cannot do this and need to deliver at another date and time.
HOW DO I CONTACT TOYS R US ONLINE?
If you have a query about your order or delivery, or any other query related to shopping online with Babies R Us, please give us a call on 087 234 8697 (international callers, please dial +27 87 234 8697), email us at [email protected], or submit a query online.
Our online call centre operating hours are Monday - Friday, 08h00 – 16h00.
For general enquiries, please email: [email protected]
HOW SOON WILL I GET A RESPONSE?
We try to acknowledge all email and contact requests via the website within 48 hours. For a quicker resolution, you can contact our customer service teams by phone:
Telephone: 087 234 8697 (international callers, please dial +27 87 234 8697)
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 087 234 8697 (international callers, please dial +27 87 234 8697)
Email: [email protected]